Turn imagination into reality in days
Widely used across a range of high technology industries, Chemical Etching could be the answer to your precision metal part needs. Complex, stress-free, burr-free components can be produced from your ideas into reality in a matter of days.
Think how that could revolutionise your prototyping concepts. Now realise that this can be achieved on an industrial manufacturing scale as well, and as easily as your conceptual ideas.
- High precision photo lithographic technique
- Chemical etching – no harsh or hard tools
- Stress and burr free parts
- Micron sized features
- Tight tolerances
- Range of materials
- Thicknesses from 25um to 2mm
- Round holes, sharp edges, straight or profiled edges
- Rapid prototyping
- Cost effective manufacturing
- Flexible tooling allowing easy modifications
- Market leaders with more than 70 years’ experience
Chemical Etching (also Known as Photo-Chemical Machining (PCM) and Chemical Milling) is as precise as it is quick and economical. Complicated, multi-level, multi-feature, high precision parts can be produced without the need for expensive tooling or machinery.
Compared to ‘traditional’ machine processes such as CNC Machining, Stamping, Pressing, Wire Erosion and even more ‘contemporary’ processes such as Laser Cutting and Electro Chemical Machining, Chemical Etching with its flexible tooling and scalability provides you with an extremely competitive alternative right through from prototyping to large scale production. Rapid prototypes can be produced from your drawings in a matter of days.
Chemical etching is a precisely reproducible process, tolerances quoted on etched features on your parts will typically be +/- 10%. Using our high precision Mitutoyo CMM equipment, First Article Inspection Reports and Product and Process capability data can be provided on request. Multiple features can be quickly and accurately determined to provide a Quality Assurance service.
The process is ideally suited to a wide range of materials. Almost any metal can be produced. These include (but are not limited to):
- Stainless Steels: Wide Range of Austenitic, Ferritic and Martensitic Stainless Steels
- Mild Steel, Carbon Steel, Tool Steel, Spring Steel
- Aluminium: Including Aircraft/Aerospace grades
- Nickel Alloys: Inconels, Mu-Metal, Alloy 42 (Nilo 42), Invar
- Copper: Including C110 and C101 (Oxygen Free)
- Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Beryllium Copper, Nickel Silver
- Many other materials – please call us to discuss your needs
- Surface finishing and plating.
- In-house forming and assembly service.
With our own on-site world class plating facility we can further provide a full plating and metal finishing service: Gold plating, Silver Plating, Nickel, Electroless Nickel, Tin (Bright or Matt), Anodising and Blackening are a few of the services we provide. Call us to discuss your needs.
Forming and assembly services available include doming, punching, framing and bending. Examples of the services are framed test sieves, pressure leaf filters and RFI shielding components for the electronics industry.